I’m delighted to celebrate Mehregan (Iranian Autumn Festival) this year with 30 other talented Iranian food bloggers and participate in the First International Mehregan Cyber-Feast.
Ahu Eats: Badoom Sookhte Torsh | Sour Caramelized Almonds
All Kinds of Yum: Jeweled Carrot Salad
Bottom of the Pot: Broccoli Koo Koo (Frittata)
Cafe Leilee: Northern Iranian Pomegranate Garlic and Chicken Stew
Coco in the Kitchen: Zeytoon Parvardeh |Marinated Olives with Pomegranate & Walnuts
Della Cucina Povera: Ghormeh Sabzi | Persian Lamb & Herb Stew
Fae’s Twist & Tango: Rice Meatballs | Kufteh Berenji
Family Spice: Khoreshteh Kadoo | Butternut Squash Stew
Fig & Quince: Festive Persian Noodle Rice & Roasted Chicken Stuffed with Yummies for Mehregan
Honest and Tasty: Loobia Polo | Beef and Green Bean Rice
Lab Noon: Adas Polo Risotto | Persian Lentils Risotto
Lucid Food: Sambuseh
Marjan Kamali: Persian Ice Cream with Rosewater and Saffron
My Caldron: Anaar-Daneh Mosamma | Pomegranate Stew
My Persian Kitchen: Keshmesh Polow | Persian Raisin Rice
Noghlemey: Parsi Dal
Parisa’s Kitchen: Morasa Polow | Jeweled Rice
The Saffron Tales: Khorosht-e Gheimeh | Yellow Lentils Stew
Simi’s Kitchen: Lita Turshisi | Torshi-e Liteh | Tangy aubergine pickle
Spice Spoon: Khoresht-e-bademjaan | Aubergine Stew
Turmeric & Saffron: Ash-a Haft Daneh | Seven Bean Soup
The Unmanly Chef: Baghali Polow ba Mahicheh | Rice with Fave Beans and Lamb
ZoZoBaking: Masghati | Persian Scented Starch Fudge
I would like to share one of my favourite recipes inspired by Najmieh Batmanglijs'; Rice Meatballs. My two favorite things; rice and balls.
- Wash and drain the rice.
- In small pot cook the the split peas and rice in 4 cups of water and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Cover and cook on medium heat for 30mins.
- Drain and set aside
- Wash and chop the parsley.
- Wash and chop the green onions and garlic.
- In a large bowl, combine all the meatball ingredients.
- Stand pretty in the corner of the kitchen
- Knead with your hands until mixture is smooth and consistent
- Peel and cut the onions into small cubes
- Wash and chop the tomatoes
- In a large pan, heat the oil and brown the onions .
- Add the spices and tomato paste and sauté for couple minutes
- Add the tomatoes and bring to boil
-Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Place meatballs in serving bowl and pour broth on top.
- Served best with yogurt and bread.